Teqball is a football-based sport, played on a specially-curved table (the Teq table), which is attracting a new generation of athletes and amateur enthusiasts (teqers), whose ambition is to develop their technical skills, concentration and stamina. The sport, which was created in Hungary in 2012 is a truly gender-equitable game, as the rules define that teqball shall be played between two (singles) or four players (doubles), irrespective of gender. The sport follows a points-based scoring format and can be played on various surfaces such as sand, acrylic or indoors.
Teqball allows players a maximum of three touches before returning the ball to the opponent, so if you can juggle a football three times, you will excel at teqball as well. Teqball is the purest use of a football, with the rule of no physical contact allowed between the players, or between the players and the table, helping eliminate the risk of impact injuries.
- Estimated 2000 players in more than 100 countries
- 58 established National Federations
- 250 FITEQ trained referees
- 3 World Championships organised (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Sport recognised by 2 Continental Olympic Associations (OCA, ANOCA)
- GAISF Observer Status
Main Rules of Teqball
- Teqball can be played with balls used in football, with size five being official and recommended.
- Teqball can be played by two players (singles game) or by four players (doubles game).
- Teqball follows a points-based scoring format and is played over a best of three sets, with each set played until a player/team reaches 12 points.
- The final decisive set must be won by at least a two-point margin.
- Players must switch sides after each set and the time between two sets must not exceed one minute.
- In the final decisive set players/teams switch sides at 6/12/18 points reached by the leading team.
- Points are started with a service, with the player/team having two attempts to complete a successful service.
- Once the point is in play, the ball must be returned to the opponent’s side onto the table by touching it a maximum of three times (hands and arms cannot be used).
- In doubles, both players on the team must touch the ball before it is returned.
- The ball cannot be touched by the same body part consecutively.
- A player/team cannot return the ball with the same body part consecutively.
- In the case of an edgeball, the point is to be repeated.
- Players/teams change service after every four points.
- While playing, neither the table nor the opponent can be touched.
For the detailed description of the rules, please check the following links:
Teqball is a new sport equipment and a new sport based on football.