Teqball is a football-based sport, played on a specially-curved table (the Teq table), which is attracting a new generation of athletes and amateur enthusiasts (teqers), whose ambition is to develop their technical skills, concentration and stamina. The sport, which was created in Hungary in 2012 is a truly gender-equitable game, as the rules define that teqball shall be played between two (singles) or four players (doubles), irrespective of gender. The sport follows a points-based scoring format and can be played on various surfaces such as sand, acrylic or indoors. Teqball allows players a maximum of three touches before returning the ball to the opponent, so if you can juggle a football three times, you will excel at teqball as well. Teqball is the purest use of a football, with the rule of no physical contact allowed between the players, or between the players and the table, helping eliminate the risk of impact injuries.
- Established 5000 players in more than 100 countries
- 122 Established National Federations
- Over 2000 clubs all around the world
- Over 1800 FITEQ trained referees
- 3 World Championships organised (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Sport recognised by 3 Continental Olympic Associations (OCA, ANOCA,ONOC)
- GAISF Full Member Status
Main Rules of Teqball
- Teqball can be played with balls used in football, with size five being official and recommended.
- Teqball can be played by two players (singles game) or by four players (doubles game).
- A teqball match consists of best-of-three sets.
- Each set is played until a player/team reaches 12 points.
- Every player/team has two attempts to complete a successful service.
- The players/teams change service after each four points.
- It is forbidden to touch the ball with the same body part twice consecutively.
- It is forbidden to return the ball with the same body part twice consecutively.
- Every player/team is allowed to return the ball with a maximum of 3 touches by any body part, except for the hands and arms.
- In doubles, a team has a maximum of 3 touches, however, the teammates must pass the ball at least once to each other.
- While playing, neither the table nor the opponent can be touched.
- In case of an edgeball, the rally shall be repeated.
- For more detailed rules visit: www.teqrules.com
Teqball is the world's fastest growing sport.