Teqball can be played with soccer balls used in football; however, size 5 is official and recommended. Teqball can certainly be played by rules created by the players, but the official rules of the game are very simple:
Singles and doubles game
- A teqball match consists of best-of-three sets.
- Each set is played until a player/team reaches 20 points.
- Every player/team has two attempts to complete a successful service.
- The players/teams change service after each four points.
- It is forbidden to touch the ball with the same body part twice consecutively.
- It is forbidden to return the ball with the same body part twice consecutively.
- Every player/team is allowed to return the ball with a maximum of 3 touches by any body part, except for the hands and arms.
- In doubles, a team has a maximum of 3 touches, however, the teammates must pass the ball at least once to each other.
- While playing, neither the table nor the opponent can be touched.
- In case of an edgeball, the rally shall be repeated.
- For more detailed rules visit: www.teqrules.com
These rules make this sport tremendously spectacular and suitable for even professional football teams for training purposes. Teqball can be played by 2 players (singles game), by 3 players (Canadian doubles), by 4 players (doubles game) or even by several more players similar to the ‘Round-the-table’ game in Ping Pong. On our Teqball Smart tables individual games and training sessions can be conducted.