Teqball can be played with soccer balls used in football; however, size 5 is official and recommended. Teqball can certainly be played by rules created by the players, but the official rules of the game are very simple:
- A Teqball match consists of best-of-three sets.
- Each set is played until a player/team reaches 20 points.
- Every player/team has two attempts to complete a successful service.
- The players/teams change service after each four points.
- It is forbidden to touch the ball with the same body part twice consecutively.
- Every player/team is allowed to return the ball with a maximum of 3 touches by any body part, except for the hands and arms.
- In doubles, a team has a maximum of 3 touches, however, the teammates must pass the ball at least once to each other.
- While playing, neither the table nor the opponent can be touched.
- In case of an edge ball, the rally shall be repeated.
These rules make this sport tremendously spectacular and suitable for even professional football teams for training purposes. Teqball can be played by 2 players (singles game), by 3 players (Canadian doubles), by 4 players (doubles game) or even by several more players similar to the ‘Round-the-table’ game in Ping Pong. On our Teqball Smart tables individual games and training sessions can be conducted.